DNG to ACES transform on NVIDIA GPU
Fast CinemaDNG Processor is intended to perform DNG to ACES transform very fast due to GPU processing. That software can convert DNG or CinemaDNG series to ACES container files, containing image data encoded according to the Academy Color Encoding Specification (ACES) as specified in SMPTE 2065-1. In the software, RAW data is converted to ACES by calculating RGB to XYZ matrix and by using some metadata information included in DNG/CinemaDNG files.
DNG to ACES features
- Input DNG/CinemaDNG data with up to 16-bits, arbitrary width and height
- Output images comply with the ACES Container specification (SMPTE S2065-4)
Hardware and software
- CPU Intel Core i7-5930K (Haswell-E, 6 cores, 3.5–3.7 GHz)
- GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (Pascal, 20 SMM, 2560 cores, 1.6–1.7 GHz)
- OS Windows 7/8/10 SP1 (x64)
- CUDA Toolkit 9.1
Performance on GPU
Test images: 12-bit DNG, 2432×1366 (2.5K) and 4032×2192 (4K)
Test info: all data (input and output) in GPU memory, timing measurements include GPU computations only, timing for 2.5K/4K images...